Escalade’s iCEP (Intelligent Connected Elevator Panel), is a powerful platform for user interface and system management of elevators, offering numerous applications.
With its ability to upgrade any elevator, old or new, with advanced technology, Escalade’s iCEP (Intelligent Connected Elevator Panel) is a truly revolutionary platform. New, never-before-seen capabilities offered by iCEP are creating a paradigm shift in the world of elevators.
Even today, conventional elevators are still built mostly from mechanical and electro-mechanical parts. Typically, the only “smart” unit capable of decision making is the elevator controller.
Now, with Escalade’s iCEP, the market has access to a new, highly-intelligent platform for elevators. The iCEP reduces operational costs and enables applications and business models never before seen in the industry.
Unlike conventional elevator control panels, the iCEP is completely interactive with the elevator, its passengers and the outside world. In addition to advanced software and hardware, the “telephone-like” keypad design allows the iCEP to service any building with any number of floors.
Advantages of iCEP Elevators
Escalade’s iCEP elevator control panel offers many advantages unique to the industry:
- Easily & rapidly configured for any building, with any number of floors
- Operates with all elevator controllers and fits into any metal fixture
- Easy configuration, installation & secured remote access dramatically increases the serviceability of the elevator, reducing costs for the customer
- Increased elevator efficiency through advanced analysis algorithms
- Highly customizable, multimedia-enabled user interface – for an advanced user experience for passengers
- Meets the latest North American and European regulations and elevator standards (SNEL, EN 81, ASME 17.1, ADA and more)
- Escalade’s iCON (iCEP Connect) is a powerful, flexible and robust server solution, providing iCEP connectivity for web access, mobile applications, advanced M2M communication capabilities, and a multitude of other possibilities
- Lower TCO (total cost of ownership) compared to traditional elevator panels
The iCEP serves as a gateway between the elevator cabin and the outside world:
- A robust RTOS (real time operating system) with multiple fail-safe mechanisms and “mission-critical” reliability designed specifically for industrial applications
- Touch keypad
- Color display
- 2-Way voice & messaging system
- Remote connectivity (via PSTN/Ethernet/Cellular modem)
- Advanced M2M (machine to machine) communication capabilities
- Emergency lights
- An expandable core, ready for additional modules and other add-ons
The iCEP platform is designed to grow with customer needs.
Embedded cameras, biometric sensors, proximity tags, smoke detectors
and other hardware modules can be added during initial installation,
or later, as after-market add-ons.
Escalade’s iCEP offers great advantages over traditional elevator panels:
|Features||Traditional Elevator Panel||Escalade iCEP|
|Logistics||Every panel is custom built to meet each building’s specific characteristics||ONE solution – each panel can be configured to suit any building, with any number of floors, dramatically reducing lead time & logistical issues.|
|Installation||Numerous cables and wires from each button and other sub-modules||ONE solution – the installation of the panel and display can be completed in minutes|
|Integration||Separate components and modules, often by different vendors||ONE solution – Completely integrated & comprehensive: touch panel, display, emergency phone, emergency lights and voice|
|Reliability||Multiple mechanical & electro-mechanical components with dedicated wiring and integration, which contribute to MULTIPLE points of failure that are difficult to test and check||ONE comprehensive solution – Only ONE point of failure that can easily be tested and checked. Robust, solid-state electronics, which are not subject to the same “wear & tear” as conventional mechanical components|
|Configuration||On-site configuration and adaptation not possible||Escalade software tools allow configuration of the panel at any location, even on-site|
|Service & Maintenance||In case of malfunction, the technician needs to examine the panel in the field||Escalade software tools and connectivity offer the highest levels of remote serviceability|
|Security||No security besides mechanical key||• Floors can be protected by password
• Optional replaceable tokens
• Optional emergency response
• Expandable modules: RFID tag readers, biometric sensors, etc.
• Voice and face recognition under roadmap
|Remote Connectivity||Not available from the cabin, some expensive information displays offer remote access but ONLY to the display||Remote access to panel enables configuration, service, maintenance, and upgrading of software WITHOUT the need for an on-site visit|
|Availability of Logs & Statistics||Not available from the cabin or the panel||Service and usage logs are stored and sent to designated recipients, increasing efficiency of service schedules and visits|
|“Mini Destination”||Not available||Traffic analysis capabilities, which can be used to contribute to energy savings and reduced passenger wait times|
|Passenger Interaction||Not available||Intelligent interaction with passengers (e.g. choice of floor can influence company branding or advertising that is shown on display|
|Services||Not available||Large variety of applications and services can be offered to elevator companies and property managers|